Hospital Fire Safety
The Hospital Fire Safety class fulfills the Los Angeles Fire Code requirement that all employees of acute care hospitals, psychiatric facilities, convalescent homes, and skilled nursing facilities within the boundary of Los Angeles City be trained in fire safety and possess a valid fire safety certification card.
Upon completing the course, you will be issued both a BLUE card (valid for 4 years) and a PINK card (valid for 2 years).
The course includes both hands-on and classroom training and lasts approximately 4 hours. Topics include:
- Evacuation procedures
- Fire extinguishers - types and uses
- The requirements for a hospital fire safety program by the State and Los Angeles City
- How to read stairwell ID signs
- Fire safety design concepts in buildings
- The 4 Principles of what to do in case of fire or smoke
- Fire protection systems and equipment
- Drags and carries
- Home fire safety
*Receive a $10 discount on BLS course upon completion of Fire Safety*
Sundays: 8:00 am
Mondays: 8:00 am or 6:00 pm
Beware of scams!
Anyone offering hospital fire safety training must possess a valid Los Angeles Fire Department Certificate of Fitness! To verify instructors are duly certified, visit the LAFD website